Pre-pandemic there were many employers who didn’t understand the benefits of working from home. To the benefit of the company, employees report they accomplish more in less time when they can work from home, even just one or two days a week. We offer more benefits below.
- Ditch the Commute. Workers commute to and from work for an hour or more each way. Imagine if you had the time back, even a couple of days a week. You could get more rest, spend more time with loved ones, go for a walk, or go to the gym with a block of time at the beginning and end of the workday.
- Eat Healthier. Make a healthy lunch and eat healthier snacks instead of heading to the vending machine. Couple that with a walk and you’re starting healthier habits!
- Ditch the business clothes. Wear comfortable clothes has become a staple for many who work at home. Two of my friends say they wear leggings with blouses on the days they Zoom meetings. If you don’t get up, you could wear pajamas on the bottom instead of business attire!
- Flexible Schedule. There are employers who allow their employees to work from anywhere if the work is getting done. That means a flexible schedule where you can work when your mind is most focused, like the afternoon or early morning, instead of working to a 9-5 schedule.
- Focused Work Time. 77% of workers surveyed said they complete more projects and tasks when they work from home, even for just a few days a month. Some said they get the same amount of work done in less time because there are fewer distractions.
- Safe and Healthy Environment. Working remotely means you can work from the safety and health of your own home. This is especially important for people who have compromised immune systems or loved ones that do.
- Get Household Work Done. For this writer, working from home means writing or attending a meeting, then taking a break to fold laundry or sweep the floors, then back to work. It’s a terrific way to complete household tasks that would otherwise have to wait for the weekend and a focused way to get up from my desk and move.
- Reliable Internet. With so many people working from home full-time or part-time, it makes sense that you have reliable residential internet services. At Stimulus Tech, we offer packages that make working from home easy with reliable internet that can be bundled with other services. If you have fast internet at the office, you should have the same at your home office.
We can’t replace workplace confidantes and water cooler gossip, but we think the benefits of working from home may outweigh that for many of you!
If you’re looking for residential internet services for your home office, Stimulus Technologies is here to support you. Call us today.